As a leader, how well do you delegate authority?
- Do you feel comfortable dishing out a portion of your authority to a subordinate?
- Can you get busy elsewhere knowing your collaborator or assistant is doing a great job even in your absence?
- Do you give the opportunity to your collaborators to put their own gifts and talents to use?
- Will you protect, defend and back those you’ve delegated to represent you?
- Are you afraid to lose some of your authority if you gave part away?
- Do you feel threatened when your collaborator or associate seems to be doing a better job?
- Do you delegate authority and then stifle it by your attitude towards those you’ve delegated?
How well do you as a subordinate represent your superior?
- Do you take the tasks assigned to you seriously?
- Do you represent in such a way as to give a positive image of the one you represent?
- Are you accountable and responsible to the one who delegated you?
- Do you try to take more authority than you were assigned?
- Do you intentionally sabotage your superior when acting by delegation so as to become more popular than them?
- Can your superior trust to have you sit in for him next time?
Every human being is a delegated authority. God has delegated all of us to represent Him on the earth. How well do we do it?
As the leader, can you trust others like God has trusted you?
When you get delegated by a superior at work, how do you handle that responsibility?
Share your thoughts.